quarta-feira, 19 de março de 2008

Holidays


My concept of holidays has always been leaving my country, or at least my residential area:)). It does not mean I dislike my lovely country "à beira-mar plantado".
( O aspecto dos Portugueses nesta Páscoa - CHINA. Shanghai. Cyclists in the rain, 1993, Stuart Franklin)
I love it. I love its climate, its people and its calm, polite habits (some people do have them...). That is why I like going abroad for holidays. I usually stay long enough to enjoy the company of a new language, new food, new people, a whole new atmosphere and long enough to miss coming back to Portugal.

Sometimes I just want to get away. Otherwise, I will end up doing something. Being a workaholic is as addictive as a drug addict. I just wish work gave me the so called fab trips drug gives. The only thing I can remember work giving me lately is a huge hangover, without a drop of alcohol. It's the whole concept of being anonymous and discovering new things that draws me to travelling abroad. And this tendency is becoming more and more exotic. Probably that was why I liked Istambul so much. Unfortunately, I have new priorities now that imply investing a bit. So, for the time being... I am on holiday strike. Let us see how long it lasts, ehehe. I am as good with strikes as I am with diets. Love breaking them!

I am on holidays now, but since I am staying here I am about to give some private lessons.
Happy Easter.

2 comentários:

Gilinho disse...

Espero que a greve de férias não esteja relacionada com uma pessoa que eu cá sei... :-)

Cassandra disse...

I wouldn't enjoy holidays that much without that person, anyway. But it doesn't:)) worry not.