sábado, 15 de março de 2008

E.E. Cummings

I like my body when it is with your

I like my body when it is with your body.
It is so quite a new thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
I like your body. I like what it does,
I like its hows. I like to feel the spine of your body and its bones,
and the trembling -firm-smoothness
and which I will again and again and again kiss,
I like kissing this and that of you,
I like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh . . . . And eyes big Love-crumbs,
and possibly I like the thrill
of under me you quite so new





It may not always be so


and I say it may not always be so;and I say
that if your lips,which I have loved,should touch
another's,and your dear strong fingers clutch
his heart,as mine in time not far away;
if on another's face your sweet hair lay
in such a silence as I know,or such
great writhing words as,uttering overmuch,
stand helplessly before the spirit at bay;

if this should be,I say if this should be-
you of my heart,send me a little word;
that I may go unto him,and take his hands,
saying,Accept all happiness from me.
Then shall I turn my face,and hear one bird
sing terribly afar in the lost lands.

Sem comentários: